When to Seek Help

Whilst all children develop their communication skills at different rates, there is a typical range and pattern for this development.  You may need to seek the help of a Speech Language Pathologist if:

  • Your child is showing no interest in communicating
  • Your child is not using single words by 18 months of age
  • Your child is not using 2 word phrases at 2 ½ years of age
  • Your child is having difficulty following directions or answering questions
  • Your child is frustrated at not being able to convey their message
  • Your child’s speech is difficult to understand at 3 years of age
  • Your child repeats words or sounds or seems to get stuck before talking
  • Your child is in Kindergarten and doesn’t understand rhyming words or has trouble playing I spy games or remembering letters and their sounds
  • Your child is below class expectations in reading or spelling
  • Family members or teachers are concerned about your child’s speech, language or literacy

This list is by no means exhaustive.  Please feel free to contact Talk Play Grow on 9653 9955 (Mon-Fri) to discuss any concerns you may have about your child’s development. Alternatively, complete the form below and we will be in contact with you shortly.