Looking for your next career move? Want to play an integral role in establishing and growing an occupational therapy service? Passionate about working with children and their families? Then this role is for you!
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a caring, passionate and experienced paediatric Occupational Therapist to join our friendly and supportive team.
Talk Play Grow is a reputable and constantly growing private practice located in Sydney’s Hills District. We pride ourselves on applying evidence based practice in a warm, nurturing and individually tailored way to a diverse range of children (from birth to 18 years) and their families. We are committed to working closely with families to achieve the best possible outcomes and, most importantly, having fun along the way! In order to achieve this we cap the number of sessions provided each day to allow clinicians ample time for liaison with the family and other medical, health and education professionals involved in each child’s care. Talk Play Grow is also continually developing innovative services to accommodate the ever changing dynamics of families and communities. These include group therapy and telehealth services and parent and community group training.
The role is a permanent part time position (2-3 days per week). The successful candidate will play a vital role in establishing and growing the practice’s occupational therapy services.The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in an energetic and collaborative team of experienced Speech Pathologists. They will have access to an extensive range of assessment and therapy resources which are continually updated and expanded. The successful candidate will benefit from our in house professional development sessions as well as external professional development opportunities. We offer above award remuneration and flexible working conditions.
The position will involve:
- Establishing and growing new therapy services
- Providing family centred assessment and therapy services to children and their families
- Managing a clinical caseload independently with a high standard of clinical practice
- Ensuring client records are maintained
- Developing and conducting workshops and seminars for parents and professionals
- Collaboration with internal and external professionals
- Relevant qualifications in Occupational Therapy
- Full registration with AHPRA
- Four years post graduate experience with a paediatric caseload
- Understanding of, and experience in family centred practice
- Highly developed and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and the ability to apply evidence based practice
- Current and valid NSW driver’s license
- Current working with children check
- Experience working with paediatric feeding
- Experience working with children with disabilities
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the criteria in detail, in addition to a current CV. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss the position in more detail please phone Jenni Harvey, Clinical Director, on 0412 874 202. All discussions are held in strict confidence.
Closing date for applications is 6th October 2017
There are currently no positions available.
If you would like to be considered for future positions please send your resume to email@example.com